BPACF Scholars Program Application Submission
Our application cycle for the 2023-2024 Academic Year closes on March 4, 2023
BPACF Scholars Program Overview
BPACF provides scholarships to 30-40 college students each year. Scholarships range from $500 to $1,000 per student and participants may attend the college/institution of their choice. BPACF Scholars are given priority for access to BPACF’s Career Connect Internship Program. Program participants will also receive career advisement, professional development training and mentoring from executives in specific fields. Priority is given to students who are “first-generation” degree seeking, as well as college students with financial need, based on family size and annual income. The formal definition of a first-generation college student is a student whose parent(s) does have a four-year college degree.
Current BPACF Scholars:
If you are a current BPACF Scholar seeking renewal for Academic Year 2023/2024, please complete the abbreviated renewal application form by clicking here.
The following are the BPACF Scholars Program eligibility requirements for all new applicants:
- An African American resident of Northeast Ohio.
- A graduating high-school senior, OR an undergraduate college student at an accredited college/university or institute, up to age 25.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Application Deadline: March 4, 2023
Please be sure to verify that you have included ALL application materials together for consideration in our program. Incomplete applications will not be considered. This application is considered incomplete without the following materials:
- Completed Electronic Submitted Form.
- Essay (emailed or mailed)
- Transcript (emailed or mailed)
- Letter of reference (emailed or mailed)
Email Address: Scholars@bpacf.org
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 94027, Cleveland OH 44101
* Note: Essay must be on a separate page, please type a clear and concise essay in 250-500 words in a Microsoft Word Format, about the following:
Innovation is defined as a new idea, relative thoughts, or a new imagination. Tell us about a time when you used innovation to further your career or academic goals.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH THIS APPLICATION, PLEASE WRITE YOUR ESSAY