BPACF Scholars Program Application Submission
Our application cycle for the 2022/2023 Academic Year is now closed.
BPACF Scholars Program Overview
BPACF provides scholarships to 40-50 college students each year. Scholarships range from $500 to $1,000 per student and participants may attend the college/institution of their choice. BPACF Scholars are given priority for access to BPACF’s Career Connect Internship Program. Program participants will also receive career advisement, professional development training and mentoring from executives in specific fields. Priority is given to students with financial need, based on family size and annual income as well as to students who are “first-generation” college bound/college students. The formal definition of a first-generation college student is a student whose parent(s) did not complete a four-year college degree.
The following are the BPACF Scholars Program applicant eligibility requirements for all applicants:
- An African American resident of Northeast Ohio.
- A graduating high-school senior, OR an undergraduate college student at an accredited college/university or institute, up to age 25.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Please be sure to verify that you have included ALL application materials together for consideration in our program. Incomplete applications will not be considered. This application is considered incomplete without the following materials:
- Completed Electronic Submitted Form
- Essay (emailed or mailed)
- Transcript (emailed or mailed)
- Letter of reference (emailed or mailed)
Email Address: Scholars@bpacf.org
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 94027, Cleveland OH 44101
* Note: Essay must be on a separate page, please type a clear and concise essay in 500 words or less in a Microsoft Word Format, about the following:
Personal responsibility may be defined as being aware of and in control of your thoughts, choices, and actions. It is also your willingness to both accept the standards that people of authority create and to make a personal effort to live by those standards. How will you take personal responsibility for your academic success as you work to attain a college degree?
BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH THIS APPLICATION, PLEASE WRITE YOUR ESSAY
** Note* ALL Files must be named using your first and last name. For example, for the essay: essay+firstname+lastname+ date of application example: essayjohndoe03022022.docx
Questions? Contact us at Scholars@bpacf.org or call (216) 229-7110